Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Apple Crisp IV
SUBMITTED BY: rhonda PHOTO BY: ABCT77
"This is a very good recipe for apple crisp made with oatmeal. Serve warm or cold."
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 cups rolled oats
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1 1/2 cups butter
* 2 quarts peeled, cored and sliced apples
* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
* add a personal note Add a Personal Note
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. Cut butter into mixture until crumbly.
3. Take half of the mixture and pat it into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
4. Cover crumb mixture with apple slices, then sprinkle apple slices with remaining crumb mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender.